- Understand both environmental and occupational health and safety management terminology, principles, processes, and techniques for the assessment and management of environmental aspects and impacts and occupational hazards, risk, and controls, including their significance for EMS and OHSMS Auditors.
- Understand the purpose, content, and interrelationship of ISO 14001, the ISO 14001 series guidance standards, and the legislative framework relevant to an EMS.
- Understand the purpose, content and interrelationship of OHSAS 18001, the OHSAS 18001 series guidance standards, and the legislative framework relevant to an OHSMS.
- Understand the role of an EMS and OHSMS Auditor to plan, conduct, report, and follow-up an audit in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021.
- Be able to undertake the role of an Auditor in planning, conducting, reporting, and follow-up an audit in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021 by interpreting the requirements of ISO 14001/OHSAS 18001.
- Understand the conduct of an effective audit in the context of the auditee’s organizational situation.
- Understand the application of the regulations, and other considerations that are relevant to the management system, and the conduct of the audit.
- Practice personal attributes necessary for the effective and efficient conduct of a management system audit.
- Establish, plan and task the activities of an audit team.
- Communicate effectively with the auditee and audit client.
- Organize and direct audit team members.
- Prepare and complete the audit report.
EMS Aspects/Impacts and OHS Hazards/Risks and Controls
- Introduction and Welcome
- Accreditation and Certification/Registration
- International Environmental Management System Standard ISO 14001:2004
- International Occupational Health and Safety Management System Standard OHSAS 18001:2007
- Document Management Systems
- Day 1 Learning Cycle Review
- Overview of ISO 14001:2004 Requirements
- Overview of OHSAS 18001:2007 Requirements
- EMS/OHSMS Management System Documentation
- ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 Comparison
- Integrating ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Management of Audit Programs
- Audit Planning and Preparation
- Day 2 Recap
- Introduction to Auditing
- Auditor Competence, Roles and Responsibilities and Performance
- Initiating the Audit and Preparing for the on-site activities
- Developing an Audit Plan/Scope
- Developing Audit Protocols/Checklists
- Conducting on-site audit activities
- Opening Meeting
- Collecting and verifying information
- Evidence and verifying information
- Day 3 Learning cycle Review
- Learning Block II Assignment – Case Study
Audit Finding/Audit Reporting
- Days 1 to 3 Recap
- Review of Case Study
- EMS Simulated audit Interviews based upon EMS case study
- OHMS simulated audit interviews based upon OHSMS case study
- Day 4 Learning Cycle Review
Practical Application of Audit Principles and Instructor Interviews
- Quality Assurance Managers
- Environmental Managers
- Health Safety Managers
- General Managers
- ISO 9001 / ISO 14001 / OHSAS 18001 Implementation team members
- Safety officers
- Quality Directors
- Regulatory Affairs managers
- Management representatives
- Internal Auditors
- Individuals interested in conducting second- or third-party audits of EMS and OHSAS management systems.
An IRCA approved certificate for those who successfully complete all elements of the course, including 100% attendance, written and practical skills assessment.
- RABQSA Lead Auditor Certificate
- Online IMS Lead Auditor Training is not permissible. However, some courses combine an initial component over the Internet, and conclude with a 3-day classroom section under the guidance of an experienced trainer. (Online & Instructor Led)
- TPECS - Some organizations have the ability to provide TPECS modular instruction. TPECS: Training Provider Examination Certification Scheme.
- TPECS Ensures:
- Improved assessment and evidence of competence;
- A more effective and efficient personnel certification process; and
- Greater involvement of training providers in the personnel certification process.
- Other Special Features may vary