In the ISO 9001 Standard, Risk Management is not a specific requirement. Risk and/or Risk Management are therefore not emphasized in ISO 9001 clauses as the are in ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001. In the ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards, Risk Management is a requirement outlined in Clause 4.3.1 Environmental Aspects, and Clause 4.3.1 Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and Determining Controls.
In the specification PAS 99, Risk Management is a requirement outlined in Clause 4.3.1 Identification and Evaluation of Aspects, Impacts and Risks. Paragraph 4.3.1 (a) & (b) requires that an organization establish, implement and maintain a procedure to identify the aspects of its activities, products and services and to evaluate the risks by determining those aspects that have a significant impact.
This PAS 99 Risk Analysis Exercise can be applied to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 and use as a practical tool by the implementation team.
The risk analysis exercise starts with the preparation of process flow diagrams to identify and describe the activities/steps. It continues with the use of an 8-column risk management worksheet that takes you through a series of information gathering actions designed to assist you in deciding whether or not a process step is at risk and taking appropriate corrective actions.
With the risk management package, you will:
- See how flow charts play a role in risk analysis.
- Learn how risks can be introduced at the process steps.
- Describe existing and new risks.
- Assess the significance of described risks.
- Determine if a next step in the process will eliminate or reduce the risks.
- Describe the controls that are in place to eliminate or reduce the risks.
- Decide when a process step is at risk, and
- Take corrective actions.
This product is an electronic document which you can download immediately after purchase.
We’ve done the work for you! This time-saving and informative product includes:
- 20 Page Risk Analysis Exercise