Compare ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, and ISO 50001
What Standards Use Annex L?
ISO 45001 is not be the first ISO management standard to employ Annex L, nor will it be the last. The following is a list of standards that already employ Annex L.
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System
- ISO/IEC 27001, Information technology: Security techniques, Information security management systems
- ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health & Safety Management System
- ISO 50001:2018 Energy Management Systems
And there are some sectors that implemented Annex L including:
- International Automotive Task Force – IATF 16949
- International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG) – AS9100/10/20
Integrating an IMS can be more effective and efficient than maintaining individual systems. Whichever method you choose, here is some information:
- Integration Options
- Compare ISO 9001-ISO 14001-ISO 45001-ISO 50001
- Review advantages/disadvantages of an IMS
- Read ISO brochure on Integrated Management Systems
There are three primary options the organization must choose between:
- Maintaining separate systems (9001/14001/450001/50001)
- Partially integrated systems
- Fully integrated systems
We offer six versions of the Documentation Package to simplify the process for organizations that already have other management systems (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, etc.) in place or want to deal with more than one standard at a time. We also offer a completely integrated manual.
Compare ISO 9001-14001-45001-50001
There are ten common elements in ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, and ISO 50001:
- Normative References
- Terms and Definitions
- Context of the Organization
- Performance Evaluation
An IMS takes advantage of these common elements and implementation of 14001, 45001 and 50001 is simplified into an existing ISO 9001 certified organization.
More Comparisons between ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and ISO 50001
ISO 9001 is a Quality Management System (QMS) which gives organizations a systematic approach for meeting customer objectives.
- FREE ISO 9001 Tutorial
ISO 14001 is an Environmental Management System (EMS) which provides a system for measuring and improving an organization’s environmental impact.
- FREE ISO 14001 Tutorial
ISO 45001 is an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) which provides a system for measuring and improving an organization’s health and safety impact.
- FREE ISO 45001 Tutorial
ISO 50001 is an Energy Management System (EnMS) the purpose of implementing a standard is to allow your organization to establish a system to continually improve its energy performance.
- Learn more about ISO 50001
One important difference between ISO 45001 and other international standards is that an organization can self-declare their compliance. Learn More…
ISO Brochure on Integrated Management Systems
ISO has published a combined book and CD giving organizations advice on how to make integrated use of management system standards.